Banana Cue Recipe – Pinoy Merienda Recipes
Banana Cue Recipe - Pinoy Merienda
Banana cue is a famous Filipino snack. It’s created by frying skewered Saba bananas and covering them with caramelized brown sugar. This treat is a popular street food in the Philippines.
Create Banana Cue by putting Saba bananas on sticks, frying them until they’re golden, and covering them in sweet, caramelized brown sugar for a delightful Filipino snack with a satisfying crunch.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO make Banana Cue - Pinoy Merienda
Firstly, peel 8-10 pcs of banana saba. While peeling the banana, add oil in a pot for deep frying. Then, add the peeled banana saba and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add brown sugar based on your preferred sweetness. Stir the banana once the sugar has caramelized. Skewer using big and thick banana cue stick (2 pieces of saba in 1 stick).
What is the key step to achieve the caramelized coating on Banana Cue?
The key step is frying the skewered Saba bananas with brown sugar until the sugar caramelizes and coats the bananas.
Can you use any type of banana for this recipe?
While Saba bananas are traditionally used, you can also try using other cooking banana varieties if Saba bananas are not available.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- For best results choose ripe saba bananas.
- Allow the Banana Cue to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- When caramelizing the sugar, ensure that it coats the bananas evenly by rolling them in the melted sugar.
Yield: 4 serving
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Banana Cue Recipe - Pinoy Merienda Recipes
- 8 Pcs Saging na Saba (Banana)
- Brown Sugar
- Peel 8-10 pcs of banana saba.
- While peeling the banana, add oil in a pot for deep frying.
- Add the peeled banana saba and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar based on your preferred sweetness.
- Stir the banana once the sugar has caramelized.
- Skewer using big and thick banana cue stick (2 pieces of saba in 1 stick).