Bagnet Recipe – Crispy Pork Belly
bagnet recipe - Crispy Pork Belly
This Bagnet Recipe is one you’ll love and enjoy, especially if you’re eating it with your family members and friends on a celebration or just a regular dinner night. This Bagnet cuisine is deep fried in cooking oil and is ideal for any celebration.
This recipe is rather popular among Filipinos, especially those from the province of Ilocos, in which the bagnet recipe originated. Some meals, such as Kare Kare and Pinakbet, contains bagnet. Try this fantastic Bagnet dish, which is crispy, flavorful, and delectable!
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO COOK bagnet recipe
First, you need to prepare all the needed ingredients and next prepare the stew pan and pour out pork oil and water, boil then add the pork liempo. Boil it to 2-3 hours and then remove it from heat and let it cool. Prepare another stew pan and then pour out the oil and then deep fry the pork liempo until it is golden brown. After that remove the pork liempo into the heat then drain the excess oil with a paper towel then slice it. For the sauce of the pork liempo mix the vinegar and soy sauce add sugar and then onion and garlic. Dash some black pepper and add the bell pepper and mix it well. Dip the bagnet to your sauce then taste it after that serve and enjoy.
how long the bagnet last?
The bagnet should stay in this state for about 3-4 weeks in the refrigerator, or longer in the freezer. Reheat the oil and chop your bagnet into bite-sized pieces, then re-fry them for a few minutes to crisp them up.
is letchon kawali and bagnet the same?
Both lechon kawali and bagnet are fried pork belly recipes. Lechon kawali is a basic Filipino cuisine, whereas bagnet is from Ilocos. Lechon kawali is a rapid deep-fried on high heat, whereas Bagnet is sluggish and cooked on low heat and fried twice immediately before eating.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- For best results use fresh Pork Liempo that can be bought on Local Market.
- You can make your own sauce for your Bagnet recipe
- Eat it with white rice and wash your hands then eat Bagnet with barehand
- Eat Bagnet while it it’s still hot and so crispy.
Yield: 4 serving
Cooking time: 3 hours and 15 minutes
Bagnet Recipe - Crispy Pork Belly
- 1 kilo Pork Liempo
- 1 cup Pork Oil
- 5 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 p v
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 pcs Chili Peppers
- Black Pepper
- Prepare all the needed ingredients.
- Prepare the stew pan and pour out pork oil and water.
- Boil it to 2-3 hours and then remove it from heat and let it cool.
- Prepare another stew pan and then pour out the oil.
- Deep fry the pork liempo until it golden brown.
- After that remove the pork liempo into the heat then.
- Drain the excess oil with a paper towel.
- Slice the Pork Bagnet.
- For the sauce of the pork liempo mix the vinegar and soy sauce.
- Add sugar and then onion and garlic.
- Dash some black pepper and add the bell pepper.
- Mix it well.
- Dip the bagnet to your sauce then taste it after that serve and enjoy.