The Best Puto Bumbong
The best puto bumbong recipe
A festive and tasty Puto Bumbong Recipe which consists of Glutinous Rice Flour, Rice Flour,Uber Powder, Salt, and Water. Puto Bumbong recipe is traditionally made from a purple-colored ancestral sticky or glutinous rice.
After Simbang Gabi, this recipe is so famous during the holidays that it may be found in every corner. Even though it isn’t Christmas season, you can feel and taste this delicious Puto Bumbong recipe. Make this with your family and friends and enjoy this delightful kakanin!
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO COOK puto bumbong
First, you need to prepare all the needed ingredients and then mix the glutinous rice flour and then the ube powder and salt, then mix it well. Add some water and mix it, then kneed for 5 minutes or until looks like dough and grate it. After that prepare the Banana Leaf and then grease it with margarine. Add the puto bumbong mixture and then assembly the mixture. After that you can steam it and after steaming brush it with margarine, then served and enjoy.
Can i put my puto bumbong on refrigerator?
Yes, you may put this in the fridge. Some people enjoy it hot, while others want it chilled. Don’t be concerned if you think it will thicken and change the flavor; it won’t.
Can i use butter instead of margarine?
Yes you can use butter instead of margarine, but if you don’t have a budget and if butter is also not available margarine can be the best option.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- Remove the banana leaf cover from the leftovers and store them in a sealed container.
- To avoid overly moist and not firm puto bumbong, use a clean cloth to squeeze the excess water out of the ground pirurutong mixture.
- Buy correct glutinous rice, the one that is pure and not contaminated with white rice.
Yield: 4 serving
Cooking time: 20 minutes
We have more quick and delightful dessert like Ube Macapuno Ice Cream and Banana Cream Pie
Visit our Youtube Channel for more recipes.
The Best Puto Bumbong Recipe
- 2 cups Glutinous Rice Flour
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ube Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 - 1 cup Water
- White/Brown Sugar
- Sugar Grated Coconut
- Banana Leaves
- Prepare all the needed ingredients.
- Mix the glutinous rice flour and then the ube powder and salt, mix it well.
- Add water mix it, then kneed for 5 minutes or until looks like dough.
- Grate it.
- After that prepare the Banana Leaf and then grease it with margarine.
- Add the puto bumbong mixture and then assembly the mixture.
- And then steam it after steaming brush it with margarine.