THE BEST PORK ADOBO RECIPE
THE BEST PORK ADOBO RECIPE
Porn Adobo is a very popular dish in the Philippines enjoyed by almost all Filipino because of it’s delicious savory taste. It also comes in many varieties like pork, chicken, squid, and even vegetables like kangkong. It has been considered as the unofficial Philippine national dish in most instances. Pork Adobo is one of the most prevalent variations of adobo.
Most Filipino families enjoy pork adobo as their main dish during meals. Prepare this mouthwatering dish in as simple as marinating the pork, boiling it to be tender, then braising it.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO COOK THE BEST PORK ADOBO RECIPE ( Adobong Baboy - Filipino Food )
To cook adobo, first, mix in pork, garlic, onion, peppercorn, sugar, halved bay leaves, and soy sauce in a container. Marinate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
After marinating, heat a pan and pour in the marinated pork. Add vinegar and bring into a boil. Cook until the meat is tender. Once tender, separate the meat and spices from the sauce.
Stir fry pork in a pan. Once the pork juice almost dries out, add in cooking oil. When you see some burn marks on the meat, add in the sauce. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes more then add sliced boiled eggs. Remove from heat, transfer to a plate and serve.
What pork cut should we use?
Most pork adobo dishes use pork belly for it is tender. But if you want a much leaner cut, use pork shoulder or kasim.
where can we buy bay leaves?
Bay leaves can be bought on local public markets, groceries and supermarkets. Some sari-sari stores in your neighborhood might also have it.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- Once you add the vinegar, avoid stirring it, allow the vinegar to cook first. You will know that the vinegar is cooked once you see the clear oil separating on the edge of the sauce.
- Vinegar can also be added in the marinate.
- When slicing the pork, make sure that they are uniform in size so that they will cook evenly.
- In this recipe we added hard boiled eggs, however, you could also add potatoes or boiled quail eggs if desired.
Yield: 4 serving
Cooking time: 30 minutes
THE BEST PORK ADOBO RECIPE ( Adobong Baboy - Filipino Food )
- 445 grams pork cut in cubes
- 5 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 pc red onion sliced
- 5 pcs bay leave cut in half
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 1 tbsp sugar optional
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a large bowl, put in mix in pork, garlic, onion, peppercorn, sugar, halved bay leaves, and soy sauce.
- Marinate overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Heat a pot and pour the marinated pork.
- Add vinegar and bring into a boil.
- Cook until the meat is tender.
- Separate the meat and spices from the sauce.
- In a pan, stir fry pork.
- Add cooking oil once the pork juice almost dries out.
- Once meat has burn marks, add in the sauce. and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add sliced boiled eggs
- Remove from heat, plate and serve.