Homemade Ube Halaya Recipe
Ube halaya recipe
A special dessert – Ube Halaya Recipe that is delicious, rich and creamy delicacy made from 100% purple yam known as Ube in the Philippines. Boiled Purple Yam or Ube, Evaporated Milk, Condensed Milk, and Butter are the four ingredients in this recipe. Ube Halaya is a simple and easy dish to make at home.
This dessert will require your patience because while doing this Ube Halaya Recipe it requires a lot of stirring process. But it will be all worth it, because of it’s taste and satisfying flavour that will bring joy and smile to you and to your love ones.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
how to cook homemade ube halaya
First, prepare all ingredients needed and after that prepare water and boil the purple yam, after boiling the purple yam, check it with the use of fork if it is tender already. Remove the yam and let it cool, and slice into smaller pieces and grate it. Prepare a pan and put the grated purple yam and pour out a 1 can of evaporated milk and condensed milk. Cook it in a low fire while continuously stirring it for 30 minutes or 1 hour. And then after that put some butter and put your Ube Halaya on your preferred container. After that you can enjoy and indulge yourself with this tasty Ube Halaya Recipe.
How many minutes should i keep stirring for best result?
Making this delicacy would however require some patience. Ube Halaya is prepared over low heat with constant stirring until the ube and milk have thickened. So we suggest 30-1 hour stirring over low heat.
Can i use charcoal for cooking this ube halaya recipe?
Yes you can use charcoal for cooking this recipe, When it comes to gradual cooking, charcoal is vital. It can help you save money while releasing the natural flavor of your foods. Boiling Ube is the same thing. It can cook your Ube for long enough lengths of time while keeping the cooking process balanced
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- You can add butter on top before serving.
- Slow cooking is the key because the center of the Ube is so hard to cook.
- You can add grated cheese on top if you preferred.
Yield: 5 serving
Cooking time: 1 hour
Homemade Ube Halaya Recipe
- 1 kilo Purple Yam ( Ube )
- 370 ml Evaporated Milk
- 300 ml Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- First prepare all ingredients needed.
- Prepare water and boil the purple yam, after boiling the purple yam, check it with the use of fork if it is tender already.
- Remove the yam and let it cool, and slice into smaller pieces and grate it.
- Prepare a pan and put the grated purple yam and pour out a 1 can of evaporated milk and condensed milk.
- Cook it in a low fire while continuously stirring it for 30 minutes or 1 hour.
- Put some butter and put your Ube Halaya on your preferred container.
- Serve and Enjoy.