Spicy Tuna Pasta (Century Tuna)
Spicy Tuna Pasta Recipe (Century Tuna)
Savory-spicy delicious pasta recipe that will surely delight every pasta lover out there. This mouthwatering dish does not only look and taste good, but it is also very simple to make and easy on the budget.
What’s better than combining the heart friendly tuna and delicious pasta in one mouthwatering dish. Spicy tuna pasta is very simple to make. Just start by sautéing spices, tomatoes and tuna, then tossing in the precooked pasta in the sauce.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO COOK SPICY tuna pasta
To start with, pour in water, salt and oil in a large pot and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, drop in the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain cooked pasta and set it aside for later.
In cooking the sauce, heat olive oil in a large pan. Sauté garlic, then add the onion. Once onions are translucent, add in tomatoes and continue to sauté. Pour in tuna flakes and mix well. Season with salt and black pepper then add parsley.
Toss in precooked pasta and mix well. Garnish with chopped parsley. Transfer to a platter, serve and enjoy.
What can we use if olive oil is not available?
You can use any vegetable oil or regular cooking oil. However, we used olive oil in this recipe because it is tastier. It bears a distinct olive taste unlike regular vegetable or cooking oils that has a very neutral taste.
where can we buy olive oil?
Olive oil can usually be found in large groceries and supermarkets.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- Use fresh ingredients especially the tomatoes and parsley for best results.
- Stir the pasta occasionally when cooking it to prevent it from sticking in the pot, especially if you are not using a non stick pot.
- Make sure the pasta is cooked al dente so that it wouldn’t be soggy once you mix it with the hot sauce.
Yield: 4 serving
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Spicy Tuna Pasta ( Easy And Simple Recipe )
- 180-200 grams Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 piece White Onion chopped
- 2 pieces Tomato sliced
- 155 grams Spicy Tuna Flakes in Oil
- 1.5-2 liters Water for cooking pasta
- Black Pepper
- Pasley chopped
- In a large pot, pour in water, salt and oil and bring into a boil.
- Once boiling, drop in spaghetti pasta.
- Cook pasta for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a large pan or skillet, heat olive oil.
- Sauté garlic and onion.
- Once onions are translucent, add in tomatoes.
- Pour in tuna flakes then mix.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add in chopped parsley and continue to mix.
- Toss in pasta and mix until sauce is distributed well on the pasta.
- Sprinkle parsley on top.
- Serve and enjoy.