Sardines with Misua and Sayote ( Sardines Recipes ) – Pinoy Recipes
Sardines with Misua and Sayote ( Sardines Recipes ) - Pinoy Recipes
Misua are very thin noodles made from wheat flour. Originating from China, this is usually cooked in important festivities and traditionally, during birthdays because it signifies long life. Here in the Philippines, misua is commonly used as an ingredient for a main dish or viand. In this recipe, misua is prepared with sardines and sayote, making a very tasty and savory dish that your family will surely love.
Sardines with misua and sayote is a complete dish that you can easily prepare and serve as a main dish or merienda. You can now enjoy this delicious and healthy dish in a few minutes, just sauté spices, tomatoes and sayote then add misua noodles and boil it for a for a while.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO COOK Sardines with Misua and Sayote ( Sardines Recipes ) - Pinoy Recipes
Start cooking this dish by heating cooking oil in a pan. Then, sauté garlic and onion until it turns light brown in color. Add in tomatoes and continue to stir. Once the tomatoes are cooked, add in sayote and then pour the sardines. Stir to mix the ingredients well. Gradually add in water, bring it to a boil and let it simmer for a while.
Drop in Misua noodles and add another ½ cup of water. Simmer for around 2 minutes. Season with a dash of pepper, then pour another ½ cup of water then let it simmer again. Sprinkle with salt and onion leeks. Let it cook for a while before transferring on a serving bowl. Enjoy!
where to find misua noodles?
Misua noodles are usually found in supermarkets and groceries, but they are also available in local public markets and in some sari-sari stores.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- Misua noodles absorb a lot of water if you want more broth increase the amount of water.
- Red variant of sardines (with chili) can be used if you want a kick of spice.
- If you prefer a spicier dish, you can add chili flakes.
Yield: 4 servings
Cooking time: 15 minutes
SARDINES WITH MISUA AND SAYOTE ( SARDINES RECIPES ) - PINOY RECIPES
- 100 grams Misua Noodles
- 155 grams Sardines
- 1 pc Onion sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 pcs Tomatoes sliced
- 1 pc Sayote sliced
- 1 tbsp Onion leeks chopped
- 2 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Heat cooking oil in a pan.
- Sauté garlic and onion. Stir until it turns light brown in color.
- Put tomatoes and continue stirring until they are cooked.
- Add in sayote and pour sardines.
- Mix to blend the ingredients well.
- Gradually pour in 1 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer.
- Drop in misua noodles and 1/2 cup water and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Season with a dash of black pepper.
- Pour in another 1/2 cup of water. Misua noodles tend to absorb a lot of water, so if you want more broth, you can add more water.
- Season with salt and sprinkle onion leeks.
- Let it cook for a few more minutes before removing from heat.
- Transfer to a plate and serve.