PUTO RECIPE – Using Pancake Mix (Maya)
PUTO RECIPE - Using Pancake Mix (Maya)
Puto or also known as Filipino Steamed Rice Cake is a very famous and Filipino delicacy. It comes with a wide variety of ingredients you can use and flavors you can make. This recipe shows how to make this renowned classic delicacy in a jiffy.
Traditional puto is usually made out of Rice Flour and Coconut milk or “galapong” and “gata” respectively. Nowadays, it comes with a variety of using regular flour as the main ingredient, which is much easier to use and find in stores. Prepare this delicacy for as simple as mixing in 4 basic ingredients and steaming.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO COOK EASY PUTO RECIPE - Using MAYA Pancake Mix
To make an easy puto using Maya pancake mix, first, whisk egg in a small bowl and add water. Mix well. On a separate bowl, pour pancake mix. Pour and mix in wet ingredients. Transfer mixture in a small pitcher.
Grease the molds by brushing them with cooking oil. Pour in mixture to the molds half filled. Top each mold with mixture with sliced cheese.
Place molds in steamer and steam for 8 to 10 minutes in low or medium heat. Stick a tooth pick in the puto to check if it’s cooked. Remove puto from the molds, plate and serve.
Can we use regular flour instead of pancake mix?
Yes, but you may have to add a leavening agent like baking powder to make it fluffy and add some seasonings.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- Mix the wet ingredients firstbefore adding them to the dry ingredients. It will be easier to mix it well.
- Use a pitcher to pour in the batter to the molds, it is more convenient and not messy.
- You may lay a cloth under the cover of the steamer to prevent the water from the steam to drop into the puto.
Yield: 5 serving
Cooking time: 15 minutes
You can try other Filipino snack recipes that you can try like Palitaw and Butchi.
Visit our Youtube Channel for more recipes.
EASY PUTO RECIPE
- 250 grams Maya Pancake Mix
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 pc Egg
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- sliced cheese (for topping)
- Whisk egg in a small bowl and add water. Mix well.
- On a separate bowl, pour pancake mix.
- Pour and mix in wet ingredients.
- Transfer mixture in a small pitcher.
- Brush molds with cooking oil for greasing.
- Pour in mixture to the molds half filled.
- Top each mold with mixture with sliced cheese.
- Place molds in steamer and steam for 8 to 10 minutes in low or medium heat.
- Stick a tooth pick in the puto to check ifit’s cooked. Remove puto from molds, plate and serve.
2 thoughts on “PUTO RECIPE – Using Pancake Mix (Maya)”
can i use melted butter instead of oil? thank you
Hi Glaiza, We haven’t tried using butter.