Potato Marble Recipe – Korean Side Dish
Potato Marble Recipe - Korean Side Dish
Gamja Jorim, also known as Glazed Potato Marble is a popular Korean Side dish made out of baby potatoes braised in a sweet soy sauce. This delectable dish in the Korean cuisine is definitely a must to try!
Glazed Potato Marbles is very simple to make. Just by boiling the baby potatoes, sautéing the garlic and adding in soy sauce and water, then simmering the preboiled baby potatoes in the sauce with corn syrup, you can now enjoy this tasty side dish.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
How To Cook Potato Marble Recipe - Korean Side Dish
Start cooking Gamja Jorim or Glazed Potato Marbles by boiling baby potatoes in water for 18-20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Drain the potatoes and set them aside.
The next part is to heat a pan and drizzle with oil. Once oil is hot, sauté garlic. Mix in sesame oil and soy sauce. Pour in water and let boil. Add the cooked potatoes. Simmer while stirring occasionally. Pour in corn syrup and mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, plate, serve and enjoy!
What can we use if we corn syrup is not available?
You can use honey for it is much easier to find. However, agave nectar is the best substitute for corn syrup.
Where can we buy corn syrup?
Corn syrup can be bought in baking stores, but sometimes they are also available in large groceries.
Where can we find baby potatoes?
They can be found in large groceries and in the vegetable section of some public markets.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- Use quail-egg sized potatoes for best results with this recipe.
- Wash the potatoes well. Since this recipe uses skin on potatoes, make sure that they are washed well to avoid foul taste.
Yield: 6 servings
Cooking time: 30 minutes
How To Cook Glazed Potato Marble Recipe ( Samgyupsal Side Dish )
- 640 grams Baby Potatoes
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 liter Water for boiling
- 1/3 cup Water
- 6 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 1-2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Cooking Oil
- In a large pot, pour in water and baby potatoes.
- Boil for 18-20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Once cooked, remove from water and set aside.
- Heat a pan and drizzle with oil.
- Sauté garlic.
- Add sesame oil and soy sauce, then mix.
- Pour in water and bring into a boil.
- Add cooked baby potatoes.
- Simmer while stirring occasionally.
- Add corn syrup and mix.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, plate and serve.