PENNE NAPOLETANA PASTA
PENNE NAPOLETANA PASTA Recipe
Penne Napoletana pasta is a savory dish using Napoletana sauce or also known as Neapolitan or Napoli sauce which is an Italian cuisine term for various basic tomato based sauces.
This dish is great for seafood lovers. It is very easy to prepare and cook even for beginners. Also, both shrimp and crabs are a great source of protein and less carbs that can help if you want to shed off some pounds. They also contain selenium that as per some research studies claims to help prevent cancer.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO COOK PENNE PASTA With NAPOLETANA SAUCE ( Pang Restaurant Ang Lasa )
Let’s cook the pasta first. In a pot, boil 2 liters of water. Add salt then drop pasta. Cook for 10 to 13 minutes or until pasta is al dente, occasionally stir to prevent pasta from sticking in the pot. Drain the pasta then set aside.
Next, heat a sauce pan and drizzle it with olive oil. Sauté onion then add garlic. Add in the ground beef and stir fry until beef is cooked or has a light brown color. Add in napoletana sauce, mix well and bring to a boil. Season with a dash of black pepper and salt to taste. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
Put in the pasta and toss it and mix until it is well combined with the sauce. Put in a plate, serve and enjoy.
how can we know that the pasta is already cooked?
We taste the pasta in order to know if its cooked. You’ll know that the pasta is cooked when once you take a bite in it, it is mildly chewy and it doesn’t stick in your teeth.
can we use red onion instead of the white one?
Yes, but we preferred to use white onion because it has a milder taste. Red Onions have sharper taste and has a bit of sweetness that may add in some effect on the taste.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- Make sure the pasta is cooked al dente so that it wouldn’t be soggy once you mix it with the hot sauce.
- In cooking the pasta, make sure that you stir it occasionally to prevent it from sticking in the pot.
- You can sprinkle with chopped parsley or basil on top as garnish.
- You can also top with grated ricotta or parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 serving
Cooking time: 35 minutes
PENNE PASTA WITH NAPOLETANA SAUCE
- 250 grams Ground Beef
- 420 grams Napoletana sauce
- Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 pc White onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 250 grams Penne pasta
- 2 ltrs Water
- Boil 2 liters water in a pot. Add salt then drop pasta. Cook for 10 to 13 minutes or until pasta is al dente, occasionally stir to prevent pasta from sticking in the pot. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a sauce pan and drizzle it with olive oil. Sauté onion, then add garlic.
- Add in the ground beef. Stir fry until beef is cooked or has a light brown color.
- Add napoletana sauce, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Dash with black pepper and salt to taste. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss in pasta and mix until it is well combined with the sauce.
- Plate, serve and enjoy.