Paksiw na Bangus Recipe – The Best Bangus Recipe
Paksiw na bangus recipe
Paksiw na Bangus comes out incredibly juicy and tasty after being simmered in vinegar and spices. Serve it over plain rice for a wholesome, flavorful, and budget-friendly meal that the whole family will enjoy.
This popular Filipino dish/fish stew is created with Bangus (Milk Fish), Eggplant, Garlic, Onion, Ginger, Vinegar, Water, and Salt & Peppercorn. If you like Bangus or fish dishes in general, you will adore the flavor of this. Make this recipe, to have an extra special lunch time with your family
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO COOK Paksiw na bangus recipe
Prepare all the needed ingredients and then prepare a pot and put the garlic and onion there and then put the Bangus and the two pieces finger chili and eggplant. Put some salt and then, put pepper unto it. Lastly put some vinegar and water then bring it to boil. Simmer it for 15 minutes after that taste it add salt if needed and add sugar if you want, and then simmer for another 2 minutes
How many days it will last?
Paksiw can be kept for three to five days if handled and stored appropriately. Paksiw is a favorite of many people, especially Filipinos, therefore when we cook it, we make sure to store any leftovers appropriately.
Can i replace eggplant with some other vegetables?
Yes, Eggplant is our personal choice but you can use Okra and Ampalaya or other vegetables that are suitable to your taste.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- For best results use fresh Bangus that you can buy on supermarket or on wet market.
- You can use different veggies like Okra, it depends on your preference
- Prepare rice and fresh healthy drink or shake to enjoy the meal more.
Yield: 4 serving
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Paksiw na Bangus Recipe - Filipino Dish
- 1 pc Bangus( Milk Fish)
- 1 pc Egg Plant
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 pcs Onion
- 2 Ginger
- 3/4 cup Vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Peppercorn
- 1 tsp Sugar (optional)
- Prepare all the needed ingredients.
- Prepare a pot and put the garlic and onion there.
- Put the Bangus and the two pieces finger chili and eggplant.
- Put some salt and then, put pepper unto it.
- Put some vinegar and water then bring it to boil.
- Simmer it for 15 minutes after that taste it add salt if needed
- Add sugar if you want, and then simmer for another 2 minutes