MILO PANCAKE RECIPE
How to Make Milo Pancake
Milo Pancake is a dish treat for all Milo and chocolate lovers. Milo is a very popular chocolate drink in the Philippines especially for kids. It has a very rich and yummy chocolate taste that kids tend to ask for seconds. This recipe takes on to integrate our childhood favorite drink into one of the most popular breakfast or snack.
This recipe is as simple as making “just add water” pancake mixes. We only added up a couple of ingredients such as our main ingredient, which is Milo. It is very easy to make and cook. You can even cook it in a waffle maker to create mouthwatering Milo waffles.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO COOK milo pancakes
In making milo pancakes, first, we need to mix all the dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, mix in flour, milo, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Next, we will mix the wet ingredients, the egg, milk and cooking oil in a separate bowl. Whisk to mix well. Pour in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Whisk it well until the mixture is fully combined. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
For cooking the pancakes, heat a pan under low fire. If you’re using a regular pan, grease it with cooking oil or butter to prevent the pancakes from sticking onto the pan. Pour ¼ cup of the mixture. Once small bubbles start to appear on top of the pancake, flip it and cook the other side for a minute or less. Remove from pan. Repeat this procedure for the remaining pancake mixture.
Plate the pancakes by stacking 4 to 5 pcs of pancake on top of each other. Drizzle with chocolate syrup, serve and enjoy.
Can we use a regular pancake mix instead of all purpose flour?
Yes, you can use a pancake mix but you need to omit the baking powder ingredient because pancake mixes already have baking powder mixed in it.
Why use chocolate syrup as topping?
We used chocolate syrup as topping for we tend to please chocolate lovers by giving them both chocolate flavored pancake and syrup. However, the choice of syrup or topping you add depends on your preference.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- Wet ingredients should always be mixed separately before adding them to the dry ingredients. Mixing the dry ingredients separately will evenly disperse the raising agents and seasonings which is vital in making an even batter.
- Make sure to rest the batter. People on the go usually skip this step, however it is necessary to rest the batter so the flour could fully absorb the liquid thus eliminating small lumps in the batter.
- In cooking the pancake, don’t overcook the first heated side. Make sure to flip it before the top completely dries up to ensure that the pancake is moist and fluffy.
- Use a pan that will allow ample space for tilting with respect to your desired size of the pancake.
- You can use, maple syrup, condensed milk, whipped cream, strawberry syrup or any other syrup you prefer to top the pancake.
- You can also add up toppings like candy sprinkles, chocolate chips, sliced strawberries and basically everything that could go well with the pancake.
Yield: 2 serving
Cooking time: 20 minutes
MILO PANCAKE RECIPE
- 2 sachets MILO
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fresh milk / water
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- In a large mixing bowl, mix in flour, milo,sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- On a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk and cooking oil. Mix well.
- Pour in the egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Whisk well until the mixture is fully combined. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan under low fire. If you’re using a regular pan, grease it with cooking oil or butter to prevent the pancakes from sticking onto the pan.
- Pour ¼ cup of the mixture.
- Once small bubbles start to appear on top of the pancake, flip it and cook the other side for a minute or less. Remove from pan.
- Repeat step 5 to 6 for the remaining pancake mixture.
- Plate the pancakes by stacking 4 to 5 pcs of pancake on top of each other. Drizzle with chocolate syrup, serve and enjoy.