How To Make Leche Flan – Pinoy Recipe (Christmas Recipes)
How To Make Leche Flan - Pinoy Recipe (Christmas Recipes)
How To Make Leche Flan a Pinoy Recipe (Christmas Recipes). Leche Flan is Traditional Dessert Dish that most Filipino serve during Holidays or any event. Leche Flan is a Caramel Custard made with Egg Yolk, Milk and Vanilla extract.
12 pieces Egg (Medium size)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 Tbsp Sugar (Per Llanera)
300 ml Condensed milk
370 ml Evaporated milk
Share this Recipe to your Friends
- Put 2 tbsp sugar in each llanera.
- Make sure sugar is evenly distributed in the llanera then start caramelizing the sugar in the stove by cooking it in flame while in the llanera.
- Separate egg white from the egg yolk, do it on the entire 12 pieces of medium-size eggs. We’ll only need the yolk.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the yolk.
- Pour 370 ml of evaporated milk to the yolk.
- Add 300 ml of condensed milk.
- Mix it carefully, make sure not to beat the mixture that much to avoid bubbles
- Use a strainer to remove remaining solids from the mixture, we want a smooth texture.
- Put enough mixture to each llanera.
- Cover the top of each llanera with foil.
- Place them on a steamer and steam in low heat for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to check if it’s cooked already, the toothpick should come out clean after poking the flan.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator.
- To serve, carefully use a knife to unstick the sides of the flan from the llanera.
- Cover the top of the llanera with the serving plate then quickly flip it over so the flan gets transferred from the llanera to the serving plate.