How To Make Leche Flan – Pinoy Recipe (Christmas Recipes)
How To Make Leche Flan - Pinoy Recipe (Christmas Recipes)
How To Make Leche Flan a Pinoy Recipe (Christmas Recipes). Leche Flan is Traditional Dessert Dish that most Filipino serve during Holidays or any event. Leche Flan is a Caramel Custard made with Egg Yolk, Milk and Vanilla extract.
12 pieces Egg (Medium size)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 Tbsp Sugar (Per Llanera)
300 ml Condensed milk
370 ml Evaporated milk
Share this Recipe to your Friends
- Put 2 tbsp sugar in each llanera.
- Make sure sugar is evenly distributed in the llanera then start caramelizing the sugar in the stove by cooking it in flame while in the llanera.
- Separate egg white from the egg yolk, do it on the entire 12 pieces of medium-size eggs. We’ll only need the yolk.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the yolk.
- Pour 370 ml of evaporated milk to the yolk.
- Add 300 ml of condensed milk.
- Mix it carefully, make sure not to beat the mixture that much to avoid bubbles
- Use a strainer to remove remaining solids from the mixture, we want a smooth texture.
- Put enough mixture to each llanera.
- Cover the top of each llanera with foil.
- Place them on a steamer and steam in low heat for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to check if it’s cooked already, the toothpick should come out clean after poking the flan.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator.
- To serve, carefully use a knife to unstick the sides of the flan from the llanera.
- Cover the top of the llanera with the serving plate then quickly flip it over so the flan gets transferred from the llanera to the serving plate.
This Leche plan is best served with Lasagna