Homemade a la King Sauce
How to Make Ala King Sauce (For Chicken Fillet)
Homemade Chicken Ala King sauce is creamy and tasty and made from ingredients very easy to find. This easy to prepare sauce is best served with chicken together with rice. Ala king sauce is a cream sauce often with sherry mushroom and vegetables for the dish Chicken ala King.
Learn how to make this homemade a la King sauce using margarine (or butter), flour, chicken broth cube, all-purpose cream, carrots, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
Can you refrigerate Chicken Ala King sauce?
We prefer to serve it while it is hot and fresh. Cool it down first before putting in the fridge. You can consume this up to 1 to 2 days only because this contains some cream which spoils fast.
Does it taste like Chicken Ala King Mcdo or KFC?
Mcdo and KFC got their secret ingredients for sure but we will say that the taste is somewhat similar and your kids will surely love this.
Which other meat can you add the Ala king sauce
This is best served with chicken but you can try other white meat like fish. Avoid using this on red meats like pork and beef.
Tips on preparing Chicken Ala King sauce
1. If you are preparing this with chicken, it is better to start preparing the chicken first since preparing this sauce will take your undivided attention
2. We prefer to add parley but you can try other greens like onion leeks and others. Just don’t go too crazy adding too big vegetables.
3. You may want to prefer extra sauce if you are serving this for kids as we found that they love this sauce and always ask for extra.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
How to make homemade a la King sauce
To make this homemade a la King Sauce, start by melting 50 grams of margarine (or butter) in a deep pan. In medium heat, sauté 2 tablespoons of minced carrots with the margarine. Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Continuously stir until the flour is completely dissolved.
Add 1 cup of water and a half of a chicken broth cube. Stir for a while before adding 1/4 cup of all-purpose cream. Add a dash of pepper and a pinch of salt to taste. Add 1/2 tablespoon of parsley. Continuously stir until cooked.
Yield: 3 servings
Cooking time: 10 minutes
A la King Sauce
- 50 grams margarine or butter
- 2 tbsp carrots minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 chicken broth cube
- 1/4 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/2 tbsp parsley
- black pepper
- Melt 50 grams of margarine (or butter) in a deep pan.
- In medium heat, sauté 2 tablespoons of minced carrots with the margarine.
- Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- Continuously stir until the flour is completely dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of water and a half of a chicken broth cube.
- Stir for a while before adding 1/4 cup of all-purpose cream.
- Add a dash of pepper and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of parsley. Continuously stir until cooked.