Home Made Buchi (Sesame Balls) with Red Bean Paste Filling – Taste like Chowking
Home Made Buchi (Sesame Balls) with Red Bean Paste Filling - Taste like Chowking
Buchi (Sesame Balls) or Jian Dui is a Fried Chinese pastry made of Glutinous Rice Flour filled with Mongo ,Chocolate, Ube, or other Filling coated with sesame seeds.
½ cup Glutinous Rice flour
3 Tbsp Hot water
2 Tbsp Sugar
¼ Sesame seeds
5 Tbsp Red Mongo beans
2 ½ cup Water
Share this Recipe to your Friends
- Put 5 tablespoon of Red Mongo and pour 4 tablespoon of Red Mongo syrup in the saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of water simmer for 10 minutes. Mashed the Mongo while cooking in the pan then add another cup of water.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes or until the sauce evaporates and or until the texture become viscous.
- Lastly, add ½ cup of water or as needed. Mix then let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Now, we have the nice thick texture that we are aiming for. Set aside.
- In a bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoon of sugar with 3 tablespoon of hot water.
- Place ½ cup of glutinous rice flour in a separate bowl and gradually add the sugar mixture.
- Mix well then add more rice flour if needed, to have a dough-like texture.
- Knead the dough.
- Knead small portions of it into a round shape and stuffed a part of Red Mongo paste inside.
- Continue molding until the paste is covered and completely inside the dough, do it carefully so that the paste will not spread all over. Dredge the circular dough into the sesame seeds then set aside.
- Add enough oil to the pan enough for deep frying. Fry the Buchi for 3 to 5 minutes, remove from the stove and drain excess oil using paper towel. Transfer on Serving bowl.