Chicken Sisig Recipe – Pinaka Masarap na Chicken Sisig
Chicken sisig recipe
Sisig is one of the traditional Filipino foods that can be prepared in a variety of ways. This dish is a popular Filipino dish that is usually served as a Pulutan or main course. Sisig goes well with rice and beer, this would be perfect pair after a tiring weekdays.
Calamansi, oyster or soy sauce, chilis, onion and garlic, and even butter and mayonnaise work nicely with this meal. Chicken Sisig is also easy to make and will satisfy your hunger and cravings. Top with an egg and mayonnaise on a sizzling plate this will make your sisig more appealing and yummy.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN SISIG
First prepare all the ingredients and add salt, black pepper,garlic powder, and paprika to the chicken and get a pan and fry the chicken with a little bit of oil. After you fry it, cut it into small pieces. After that, get another pan and put butter and a little bit of oil into the pan and sautee the white onion and green chilli, then put the chicken liver and when the chicken liver is cooked, put the fried chicken into the pan and mix them. Next is to add 1 tablespoon of sugar, 2 tablespoons of calamansi into the chicken. After the chicken is cooked, prepare your per sizzling plate and add 1 tablespoon of butter unto it and add the cooked chicken into the sizzling plate, add 1 egg and mayonnaise on top and it’s ready to serve.
Do i really need sizzling plate for this recipe?
In Filipino cuisine, sisig is traditionally served on a sizzling platter so that it remains hot when served. If you don’t have it, you can just skip that step and serve immediately.
IS it okay not to use finger chili?
Yes, it’s ok not to use finger chili if you don’t want your Chicken Sisig to be spicy but if you love spicy you can double or it depends on you how many Finger Chili you will put.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- Reduce oil splashing by tenderizing and drying the chicken breast before pan-frying.
- To brown and crisp the chicken, use a large, thick-bottomed pan and do not overcrowd it.
- With steamed rice, chicken sisig is a great appetizer or main dish. For a more authentic experience, serve on sizzling plates.
Yield: 4 serving
Cooking time: 25 minutes
We have more yummy recipes that you will surely love like Bagnet Recipe – Crispy Pork Belly – Friend Cheap Menu and Beef Tapa Recipe – Friend Cheap Menu
Visit our Youtube Channel for more recipes.
Chicken Sisig Recipe
- 750 grams Chicken Fillet
- 150 grams Liver
- 2 small White Onion
- 1 pc Red Onion
- 1 pc Finger Chili
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Calamansi Juice
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Egg per Sizzling plate
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Red Chili and Calamansi
- First prepare all the ingredients.
- Add salt, black pepper,garlic powder, and paprika to the chicken.
- Get a pan and fry the chicken with a little bit of oil, after you fry it, cut it into small pieces.
- Get another pan and put butter and a little bit of oil into the pan and sautee the white onion and green chili
- Put the Chicken liver to the pan
- Put the fried chicken into the pan and mix them.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar, 2 tablespoons of calamansi into the chicken.
- After the chicken is cooked, prepare your per sizzling plate and add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the cooked chicken into the sizzling plate, add 1 egg and mayonnaise
- Serve and Enjoy.