Chicken Hamonado with Pineapple Juice Recipe
CHICKEN HAMONADO with Pineapple Juice RECIPE
Impress your loved ones with this elegant and appealing Chicken Hamonado recipe that is very simple to prepare and cook. This very delicious chicken dish is budget friendly which can be served in special occasions, feasts and holidays.
Brighten up your holiday table with this Chicken Hamonado recipe which is very simple to prepare and cook. Start by just simply marinating the chicken overnight then cook it by braising it with the marinate.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
how to cook CHICKEN HAMONADO RECIPE – Filipino Food
In cooking chicken hamonado, first, we marinate the chicken. In a bowl, place in chicken and pour in pineapple juice. Rub in sugar, soy sauce, salt and a dash of black pepper to the chicken. Mix well, cover the container and marinate overnight.
After marinating the chicken, heat cooking oil in a pot. Put in chicken and fry each side of the chicken for 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
Still on the same pot, sauté onions. Add in garlic once onions are translucent. Saute until garlic is golden brown. Add pan fried chickens. Pour in the marinate, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer each side of the chicken for 8 to 10 minutes. Add in sliced pineapples and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat, tranfer in a plate, serve and enjoy.
What part of chicken to use?
We used chicken thigh and legs in this recipe, however, you can use other meaty chicken parts like chicken breast.
can we use red onions?
Yes, however, red onions have a stronger flavor than white onions.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- For best results, in marinating the chicken, make sure all the chicken parts is fully soaked in the marinate.
- You can add a cornstarch water mixture if you desire a much thicker texture of the sauce.
Yield: 4 serving
Cooking time: 35 minutes
We have more chicken and holiday recipes that you can try like Adobong manok, Chicken cordon bleu and 3 pasta recipes for Christmas.
Visit our Youtube Channel for more recipes.
CHICKEN HAMONADO RECIPE – Filipino Food
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 can pineapple juice 240ml
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pc onion chopped
- 4-5 pcs pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- black pepper
- Put chicken in a bowl or container.
- Pour in pineapple juice.
- Rub in sugar, soy sauce, salt and a dash of black pepper to the chicken.
- Mix well, cover the container and marinate overnight.
- Heat cooking oil in a pot.
- Put in chicken and fry each side of the chicken for 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- On the same pot, sauté onions.
- Add in garlic once onions are translucent. Sauté until garlic is golden brown.
- Add pan fried chickens.
- Pour in the marinate, cover and bring to a boil.
- Simmer each side of the chicken for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add in sliced pineapples and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy.