Chicken Curry Recipe – Filipino Style
Chicken curry recipe
This Chicken Curry Recipe is so tasty and tender, it’s aroma will bring cravings to you and will push you to add more rice on your plate. This recipe will make your lunch and dinner extra special and memorable with your love ones.
This meal is extremely popular in the Philippines, but it originated in India. You will adore this because the tenderness of the chicken, as well as the flavors and taste of curry and coconut milk, combined to make a delightful and tempting combination.
Share this Recipe to your Friends
How to cook chicken curry recipe
First, prepare all the needed ingredients for the recipe next is to prepare the cooking pan and put some oil and toss the carrots to the pan, next is the potato and last is the bell pepper set aside them. And sautee the garlic, onion and ginger and then after that put the chicken to it. Simmer it and then add the precooked vegetables that you prepared earlier mix it and add curry powder,salt and dash some black pepper to it. Add 1/2 cup of water then pour out the coconut milk. Boil it and then after boiling add black pepper, salt, curry powder and fish sauce. After that mix it well and you may now serve and enjoy the Chicken Curry
what is the best part of chicken to use for this recipe?
The thigh is the best cut of chicken for a curry. It keeps its freshness and has a lot more spice than chicken breasts. Use bone-in thighs for an even deeper, chunkier flavor.
What is the purpose of fish sauce?
Fish sauce is a salty, savoury condiment that adds umami to a variety of recipes, including chicken curry, but it can also be used to marinate meats, dress vegetables, and boost the flavor of soups and stews. When you discover how similar fish sauce is to more common condiments like soy sauce.
Tips on Cooking this recipe
- For best results use fresh chicken and vegetables from supermarket
- Choose the best part of the chicken for this recipe.
- Pair the Chicken Curry Recipe with Steamed White Rice
Yield: 4 serving
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Chicken Curry Recipe - Filipino Style
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 pc Onion
- 1 pc Ginger
- 1 kilo Chicken
- 1 pc Potato
- 1 pc Carrots
- 1 pc Belle Pepper
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Prepare all the needed ingredients for the recipe.
- Prepare the cooking pan and put some oil and toss the carrots to the pan, next is the potato and last is the bell pepper set aside them.
- Sautee the garlic, onion and ginger and then after that put the chicken to it.
- Simmer it and then add the precooked vegetables that you prepared earlier.
- Mix it and add curry powder, salt and dash some black pepper to it.
- Add 1/2 cup of water then pour out the coconut milk.
- Boil it and add black pepper, salt, curry powder and fish sauce and mix it well.
- Serve and Enjoy.